Saturday, December 5, 2015

Matthew 1: S.O.A.P. #1 of 1,189



Thursday, December 03, 2015

I read Matthew 1 from these Bible versions or translations:

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%201&version=HCSB;NLT;EXB

SCRIPTURE
The key verses are: Matthew 1:1; 1:16: 1:17; 1:18; 1:21; 1:23; 1:24.

Friday, December 04, 2015

My Personal Journaling: I need to explain. Regarding my personal journaling, I will try to keep it in one large paragraph so it is obvious it is my ramblings about life. I will separate thoughts, though like I do at the end of this sentence. // I write from this point at a neighborhood bookstore after I went to a everything-is-a-dollar store and an arts and crafts store. Yesterday I realized the tribute I wanted to make to our cat, Kara, who we had put to sleep at the end of September after her lung and breast cancer spread too far. I decided the tribute I wanted to make was a counted cross-stitch of our favorite picture of her. I found a website to convert her pic into the canvas pattern for the cross-stitch. It will be 11 x 14 inches. So, I bought the supplies necessary to create the tribute picture of our girlie. I have decided to take three to four hours per day to cross-stitch and use it as a concentrated prayer time. Moreover, for the remaining amount of time, I will do my chapter a day S.O.A.P. // Therefore, I am intentionally focusing all of my day, at least Monday through Friday on the Word and on prayer. // I shared the story of my cross-stitch to show how it is possible to do something that doesn't require our undivided attention and pray with intention. Other crafts or hobbies like photography, drawing, painting, crochet, quilting, sewing, etc. are a few examples. Moreover, when we pray and do these things, we pray a great deal more intentionally and powerfully.

I read Matthew 1 again.

Matthew 1:1 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
1 The historical record of Jesus Christ, the Son of David, the Son of Abraham:
-- Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB). Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved.

Matthew 1:18 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
18 The birth of Jesus Christ came about this way: After His mother Mary had been engaged to Joseph, it was discovered before they came together that she was pregnant by the Holy Spirit.
-- Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB). Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved.

Matthew 1:21 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to name Him Jesus, because He will save His people from their sins.”
-- Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB). Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved.

*** Matthew 1:23 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
23 See, the virgin will become pregnant
and give birth to a son,
and they will name Him Immanuel,
which is translated “God is with us.” ***
-- Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB). Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved.

Matthew 1:24 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
24 When Joseph got up from sleeping, he did as the Lord’s angel had commanded him. He married her.
-- Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB). Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved.

OBSERVATION

Matthew 1:1-17 is the family tree of Jesus Christ.

Matthew 1:18-25 The angel speaks with Joseph and the birth of Jesus Christ.

Matthew 1:23 Jesus Christ is Immanuel, which means, "God is with us."

I contemplate how emphasis of the following emphasis brings a deeper and broader meaning and understanding.

GOD is with us.

God IS with us.

God is WITH us.

God is with US.

He is with us always.

Jesus, though, was that specifically and physically. God came down from His throne to come and be with us. Jesus was God and the Word made flesh.

APPLICATION

Remember how God is with me. And, I should act on this truth.

PRAYER

Haha, Father, My Heavenly Dad, thank You for this chapter in the Bible and in history. It is this chapter that changes everything in the universe and in time. The birth of Jesus Christ the Messiah is the defining point of unconditional love and grace. It is what saves a wretched sinner like me and gives me the ultimate hope of eternity with You.

Lord, help me to remember how You are always with us. If I were to constantly keep this in mind, I would see things from a different perspective and would live differently.

Thank You again.

To You be the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment