Monday, November 30, 2015

The goal of this blog and the chapter summaries


It is my goal with this blog to share my journey of writing at least an one-page summary of every chapter of the Bible--all 1,189 of them (gulp). It will take me, what I expect at this point, is twelve years give or take. Who knows what time will bring, but it is my goal to commit to this endeavor and complete it at least three times. I want to keep building upon this initial foundation, the first twelve years or so.

Also, as I do further Bible studies apart from this one, and read other books and have biblical discussions with people, I will add more material to my previous chapter summaries and blog posts. I will add it at the end of the blog post in which it pertains so it will stand out more as you read through my previous posts. I will also make sure to add a date to the new material.

This project is about twenty-one years in the making. Yes. Twenty-one years I have wanted to do this. I have wanted to put together all of my Bible reading and studying notes and Bible journaling. It seems as though the time is finally here for me to take the leap and do so. (Lord, help me and guide me.)

I must admit this project intimidates me to say the least. That is why I haven't done it.

Who am I?

I am a chief of sinners. When I mess up and blow it, I do a splendid job of it. Never mind how I am a seminary drop out (because I decided I wanted to write full-time).  I am also a nobody. Say my name and you would say, "Who?"

However, none of that matters. Do I want to do only one that feels good--or be obedient? Do I want to do what I want to do--or what God wants me to do?

So, I embark on this intimidating and glorious journey. I am nervous, but excited.
I will share my journaling thoughts as I go and on the days where I am not posting a chapter summary to this blog because I am working on it.

I will start with Matthew and go through the rest of the New Testament in order (Matthew to Revelation), then I will tackle the Old Testament, starting with Genesis.

I will publish a book of each book of the Bible of my chapter summaries and will also do a six month and year compilation of these blog posts in an effort to offer them to you to read in multiple ways.

My chapter summaries are not meant to be scholarly. I am not a scholar. Rather, they are meant to be personal and are my reflections on what I will read. I can, however, guarantee they will be accurate handling of the Word of God.

I hope this encourages you to do your own chapter summaries and share the journey with me, along with the other readers of this blog. Forming a community where we are all saving our sermon notes, book notes, Bible notes, and Bible journaling would be a pleasure.

Care to join me on this journey? On this multiple year, over a decade long journey?

I guarantee it will be eye-opening and life-changing.


2 comments:

  1. Wow and amen. God is leading you to take this journey and help others through your writings.

    ReplyDelete